Bijural Terminology Records
- Common Law
- Civil Law
- Title of the Legislative Text
- Canada Customs and Revenue Agency Act, S.C. 1999, c. 17
- 74. (1) The Agency has the administration of any real property acquired by the Agency by purchase, lease, transfer, gift, devise or otherwise.
- The notion of
"devise", used in the English version, has meaning only in common law. The corresponding civil law notion is
- The term
"legacy"is added to the English version. The French version need not be modified as the term legs is known to both legal systems.
- Harmonized Provision
74. (1) The Agency has the administration of
- (a) real property acquired by the Agency by purchase, lease, transfer, gift, devise or otherwise; and
- (b) immovables acquired by the Agency by purchase, transfer, gift, legacy or otherwise and immovables of which it is the lessee.
Federal Law-Civil Law Harmonization Act, No. 1, S.C. 2001, c. 4, s. 131
- Date modified: